Thursday 26 July 2012

Jago and Litefoot S01E01- The Bloodless Soldier

"A group of soldiers return from overseas service – but they have brought a terrible evil back with them. As death strikes on the streets of London, Sergeant Quick calls upon the help of Professor Litefoot, while an old enemy lurks in the shadows. Jago and Litefoot are on the trail of the Bloodless Soldier – and tragedy will hit close to them..."

I don't know how it was possible, but I felt so comfortable listening to Jago and Litefoot. It was if they were family, and despite Jagos occasional cowardice, I feel safe from any threat when Jago and Litefoot are around.

I love this story, as it was dark and mysterious, much like the fan favourite story "The Talons of Weing-Chiang." It came to my surprise at first that in the 70's, there were discussions in the BBC to make a Jago and Litefoot spin-off series. I really wish this had happened, because it would have been very enjoyable.

Ellie is quite a good character, and even though this was the first episode of the series, I felt like she was an old friend, because she is so close with the brilliant Henry Gordon Jago and George Litefoot.

It would have been nice to have seen Jago and Litefoot come return in the television series, back in the day. Maybe in the fifth Doctors era. Id I could have chosen, I would have chose the episode to go just before The Fifth Doctors regeneration, so Jago and Litefoot could meet Peri. I can just hear it now! Jago being a Gentleman to the gorgeous Peri, whilst she enjoyed the fashion of the Victorian Era. Meanwhile, the Fifth Doctor could be in the mortuary with Litefoot, studying the body of a man who died with mysterious circumstances...

Anyway, enough of my story pitches, and back to the review.

I could vividly see every single scene in this story. I listened to it by candlelight, which I found improved the story telling immensely. This episode was such a brilliant start to a fantastic series. Big Finish, I owe you my life!

9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment