Thursday 26 July 2012

Jago and Litefoot S01E02- The Bellova Doll

"A body is found on the Circle Line, wearing full dress uniform. It as identified as Reginald Colevile – a man who was certified dead some six weeks ago! In an attempt to solve the mystery Jago and Litefoot become unwilling bodysnatchers... And thus begins a chain of events that will pit them against killer Bulgars and the mysterious machinations of The Far-Off Travellers Club..."

I really liked this story, for many reasons. The ability to provide very vivid mental images is still with the Jago and Litefoot series, which makes me love this even more.

The concept of a "faraway-travellers club" was quite interesting. I had no idea that it was a suicide club

That Manchester Mangler kind of popped up from no where, and saved the day, in a way. I wish there had been more scenes with him skulking in the background, maybe ordering a drink at the bar, instead of just scenes of Jago in disguise, talking about him.

I am not an expert at music, since I have a failed GCSE in music. But I have a mutual friend, who goes by the name "Doctor Phil" who knows pretty much everything about musical scores possible. [Just a little plug for Doctor Phil.] But I really enjoyed the music in this episode, and the last.

One of my favourite scenes from this episode was when Jago went undercover to a dead mans house, and spoke to the house sitter. He pretended to be foreign, and ended up with all the information he needed. Well done, Henry Gordon Jago.

This story held up the series' great reputation, and I'm hoping to get a story which I can rate "10/10" by the end of the series.

9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment